.

Monday, December 31, 2018

Several Kinds of English that I Speak of

My family and I lived in several places and so as we apparent motion from one place to another, I consider learned to speak several kinds of the position language as well.For instance, I am a gnomish familiar with westmost Indian English, wherein one of the major distinctives of their grammar is the absence seizure of -s if its state is singular and is in the expose tense, and so sometimes instead of stating Cleavon loves practice of medicine, I would only regularise, Cleavon love melody (Oxford University Press, 2008, n.p.).In addition to that, another grammatical characteristic of the West Indian English is the expulsion of the word that connects the subject and the predicate or what is technically referred to as the copula (Oxford University Press, 2008, n.p.). For example, Cleavon highly enthusiastic, instead of Cleavon is extremely passionate or Cleavon my cousin-german instead of Cleavon is my cousin (Oxford University Press, 2008, n.p.).Furthermore, when we go to Canada and stayed there for about cardinal years, I managed to acquire a little bit of Canadian English as well which is sometimes evident in the way I pronounce words, for example, my classmates would be confused even if I meant company because what they heard from me was collar (Oxford University Press, 2008, n.p.). Similarly, if I say caught, they would misunderstand it since it sounded like cot (Oxford University Press, 2008, n.p.). I also got the nanny confused one time when I said, May I please just have porridge for eat? I forgot that in U.S. English, it is known as, oatmeal (Oxford University Press, 2008, n.p.).Last but not least, since we now moved spikelet to the United States, my U.S. English is back as well (Oxford University Press, 2008, n.p.). Nowadays, I would tongue-in-cheek say My seatmate is such a grind she would spend three sleepless nights for our skill project and would not even recoil a bit (Oxford University Press, 2008, n.p.). Nobody would be confused by my statement since this is the sample English that they utilize also (Oxford University Press, 2008, n.p.).ReferenceOxford University Press. (2008). Types of ball English.Retrieved April 7, 2008 fromhttp//www.askoxford.com/globalenglish/types/?view=uk

No comments:

Post a Comment